- 2 lbs. pork roast
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 -2 Tbsp. Oil
- 1 onion; chopped
- 2 cloves garlic; minced
- 2 cups favorite salsa verde (16 oz. jar)
- 1/2 cup water
- Trim and cut the pork into 1” cubes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the oil to the GameDay Cast Iron pot on the stove set at medium to medium high heat. Add the pork and sear on all sides.
- Drain excess fat, leaving about 1 tablespoon in the pot. Add onion and cook until tender and translucent. Add garlic and cook for 1 – 2 minutes – avoid burning.
- Add the salsa verde. Cover and simmer for one hour or until meat is tender, stirring frequently. Add more water if necessary.